The leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in North America, Carbon Monoxide (CO) is odorless, tasteless and invisible – it's a silent killer. The only safe way to know if carbon monoxide is present is to install carbon monoxide detectors (alarms) on every level of your home and in sleeping areas. Kidde has been making CO alarms with electrochemical sensing technology for years.
The Kidde CO120X can be used to activate auxiliary warning devices such as external bells and sirens, hallway or stairway lighting. This relay will only activate when it receives a CO signal from an interconnect Carbon Monoxide Alarm. When in the activated mode (as a result of a CO signal), this device will deactivate if it receives a smoke interconnect signal from a compatible device.